RECIPE ALERT: Baked Not Fried Falafel // (Vegan)
Hi Fit Fam,
I absolutely love Falafel in all its fried fluffy goodness, but I wanted to eat it without feeling guilty! Alas I have found a super easy way for you to have your Falafel and eat it too. Did I mention its super easy, and clean, and delicious? Okay, just checking!
- 1 box Falafel mix (The packaged Falafel usually has all clean ingredients so don’t be afraid to purchase it in a box instead of making it yourself)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Follow the directions for preparation on the package
- Instead of frying the balls, place them on a baking sheet that is lightly greased with Olive Oil
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, but make sure to check the centres to see if they’re fully cooked
- Let cool for 5 minutes then serve!
I love serving Falafel over a cucumber salad with a dairy free yogurt dressing, or in a pita!
Hope you enjoy!